If you are a dog owner then you must be well acquainted with the importance of dog grooming. However, if you are new to it and have recently purchased a puppy then you require some time and patience to master the art of grooming your dog. The dogs with shorter hair are definitely much easier to take care as compared to those with heavy and long hair. In case your dog has long hair then it is important for you to understand the concept of daily brushing. Daily brushing can save you from the effort of vacuuming the whole house in order to clear the sheds of your dog. However, the daily brushing saves you from all the trouble of cleaning the house again and again.
Learning the Basics of Dog Grooming
The basic step of dog grooming starts with the finding of a proper hairbrush for your beloved dog. Tender strokes can make the experience of brushing soothe and playful. It gives your dog a better idea of getting brushed. They may feel fretful at first but after a few times, they will start getting along well.
Now another inevitable part of dog grooming is a regular bath, which most of the dog owners find a bit messy. In the starting usually, all the dogs hate the idea of bathing. So you see it is better to inculcate the habit right from the very beginning, as it is easier to manage a puppy than a full grown dog. When they are taught from the start, usually later they start enjoying the act, which is even good for you. Sometimes dogs enjoy running and playing while taking a bath. If you have an additional help then one can hold the puppy while other can scrub it using a washcloth.
What Else Does Dog Grooming Involve?
Dog grooming removes dead skin, dirt, grass seeds and tangles from the dog’s body. The grooming also involves a complete check-up of the mouth and teeth of your dog. The proper cleaning of the teeth and the gums maintain a good oral health of your dog and its breadth does not smell foul. The grooming sessions can benefit the dogs in multiple ways.
The proper dog grooming reflects in the appearance of your beloved pet. Even the dog feels happy and remains free from all kinds of problems, which crop up due to the improper grooming. Even though it is a natural instinct of dogs to get dirty while digging and chasing, but proper grooming can help them in staying clean and pleasant smelling. A well-groomed dog reflects that how much its owner cares for it.
Dog Collar Is Important
Another aspect of a good-looking dog is a dog collar. It is one of the most indispensable and trendy dog accessories. Collars have provided the dog owners with the expediency of taking their dog for a walk without any apprehension about their dog chasing and running in an uncontrolled manner. It is quite essential that every dog must have a dog collar with a proper tag containing the owner’s address and phone number.
Choosing the Right Collar for Your Dog
Markets are full of a variety of dog collars. Many owners prefer to buy a fancy dog collar for their dog as not only it looks good but also does not get out of the style very soon. Special fancy collars are apt for those times when you want to show off your pampered pet. These collars are quite durable and can also be worn daily. Some people love to have a collection of dog collars and keep on changing the collar as per the occasion. They just want their pet to appear perfect in all instances. They also buy leashes matching with the collars to complete the effect. A cool collar and a matching leash make a wonderful gift for your dog to show that how much you love and care for him.
Choices You Have When Choosing A Dog Collar
There are some jeweled collars too, which make your pet different from the rest. Dog collars are available in all sizes; colors and ranges, there are small collars for small dogs and big ones for extra large breeds. In fact, the grandeur your dog carries reflects your own personality too. There are many different types of collars in the market and the most popular include Designer collars, Leather collars, Polka-dot collars and camouflage dog collars. A perfect dog collar should neither be too tight nor be too loose. It should just fit in a perfect style around your dog’s neck.
The best way to check is to put two fingers between the collar and your pet’s neck. If you do not feel any undue pressure then it is a perfect fit. Make sure that the pet is comfortable with the dog collar chosen by you because if the dog is not at ease with the collar, it may start behaving badly. During the training of the dogs, dog collar plays a vital role. Hence, it makes all the more important to choose the right kind of collar for your dear pet.
The Role of Homemade Dog Food
Next important aspect for having a healthy, groomed dog is homemade dog food. As the name very well suggests ‘home made dog food’ is the food for the dog, which has been made at home. There are innumerable benefits and a long list of reasons that more and more people are opting to use homemade food for their dear pets
There has been the main reason behind the popularity of home made dog’s food and it is the scare of contaminated dog food. Some recent incidents have left people scared and nervous about the store-bought food for dogs. This sole reason has made millions of people to switch to home made food for the dog so that they know exactly what is being given to their beloved pet. This provides them with a certain peace of mind and satisfaction.
Benefits of Homemade Food for Dog
There are innumerable benefits of giving your dog the homemade dog food. Some of them are listed below.
- By giving the home made food, you can monitor the intakes of your pet, by knowing exactly what all is being given to him. Such is not the case with commercial food for dogs.
- Homemade food helps your dog to attain and maintain a healthy body weight. When you are preparing the dog food with your own hands then it is very easy for you to control the calorie intake of your pet.
- Homemade food is rich in nutrients and hence a better source of energy for your beloved dog. You will fell the difference by finding your dog more active and playful than ever.
- It even provides your dog with a healthy digestive system. Dogs experience lesser gastric problems, lesser smelling breadth and decreased stools. In fact, your dog stays healthier when fed with homemade food for the dog.
- Then there is one more benefit that by taking homemade food, your dog develops a healthier skin. Studies conducted on dogs show that the dogs, which were fed on homemade dog food experienced less shedding of hair. Their fur smelled better and their coat was more lustrous.
- Dogs simply love the taste of homemade food. Studies also reveal that dogs prefer fresh homemade food, which is free of the preservatives. Your dog may be eating the commercial food well but once you give it the choice between the home made and the commercial one, you will be surprised to find that he prefers the home made food. So why not go for the home made fresh food when even your dog wants the same.
- Last but not the least comes the aspect of cost effectiveness. The home made food for dogs is definitely cheaper than the traditional commercial food for dogs available in the markets.
The home made dog food undoubtedly provides your dog with a pleasant eating experience. They will get a healthier diet and you will be satisfied too. Home food when given on a regular basis can provide the dog with many benefits and though it cannot express, but in its heartof hearts it will be thankful that you chose the best feast for him.