Uttarakhand also referred to as Uttaranchal is widely known for the majestic Terai and Bhabhar grasslands as well as for the most incredibly beautiful Himalayas. This heavenly place on earth is also called the ‘Devbhumi’, which means ‘Land of Gods’. This is because of the presence of innumerable pilgrimage centers and temples in this state.
If you are an adventure lover, then also the state has a lot in store for you. So, here we list down some places that can be visited by the entire family to spend some unforgettable moments together.
- Panch Prayag: Now this is a very beautiful and peaceful place situated amidst the Garhwal Himalayas. The place holds a huge holy significance as it serves as the spot of convergence of five sacred rivers. The five sacred prayags that confluences at this spot are Vishnuprayag, Rudraprayag, Nandaprayag, Karnaprayag and Devprayag.
- Haridwar: This is undoubtedly one of the most ancient and holiest Indian cities. It is one of the places referred to as Sapta Puri. Places that attract millions of people from all over the world to Haridwar include Bharat Mata Mandir, Har ki Pauri, Mansa Devi Temple, Tallest statue of Lord shiva and Chandi devi temple.
- Nainital: It is one of the most popular tourist spots in Uttarakhand. The place is especially popular for its magnificent peaks and incredibly beautiful lakes. The place holds most charismatic natural beauty and hence often attracts a large number of foreign tourists as well.
- Auli: If you are a sports enthusiast then this is the place for you to plan a vacation. The place offers some most spectacular skiing spots as it sits in the lap of amazing snow-capped mountains. People also visit the place for trekking and for enjoying all sorts of adventure sports.
- Jim Corbett National Park: This is one of the most popular and oldest Indian national parts. The place is situated near Nainital and houses a wide variety of flora and fauna. This is the right place to spend holidays if you are a wildlife enthusiast. The place attracts large number of tourists every year from all over the globe.
- Kausani: It is a very peaceful and beautiful hill station, situated in the district of Bageshwar. The picturesque Himalayan Mountains and panoramic landscapes allow your tired nerves to relax. Some of the most famous tourist destinations in the area include Baijnath Shiva Temple, Bageshwar temple and the famous Glacier Trek.
- Ranikhet: This is another scenic hill station, which is situated in Almora district and sits at an altitude of 1869 meters. The place attracts tourists from all over the globe and throughout the year. A wide variety of adventure sports are also hosted in the area.