Born on May 21, 1975, in Kolkata, Mirza Abbas Ali is both a renowned actor as well as model. His maternal grand-father was also an actor and Abbas used to passionately watch Bengali as well as Telugu movies in his company. He is also related to famous and very talented actor Firoz Khan through his paternal family.
He made entry into Tollywood with his debut, which was a remake of a Tamil Movie (Kadhal Desham). It was through this flick that he got noticed in Telugu Film Industry. In the next few years he gained popularity and gave hits such as “Priya O priya” (1997) and Rajahamsa (1998). He has a huge fan following from every corner of the country.
Here are a few lesser known facts about Abbas:
- In 2003, career in film Industry was not his sole focus and he got indulged into his family business, which was flourishing in Chennai, Bangalore as well as Hyderabad.
- In his struggling days, Abbas used to by-heart all the Telugu movie scripts while shooting on the sets as he was not very well acquainted with the language at that time.
- As far as Bollywood is concerned he earned significant popularity by taking up prominent movies like “Hey Ram” and “Zinda Dil”.
- In early 2000s, when he had just a handful Malyalam and Telugu movies to act, he also worked as a side hero in some of the movies.
- In 2014, he made a noticeable re-entry in Telugu Films with the flick ‘Ramanujam’, which was based on the life of famous Indian Mathematician Srinivasa and was directed under the guidance of renowned director Ganana Rajasekaran.
- In 2001, the famous actor has made a guest appearance in the eminent Tamil movie, ‘Vinnukum Mannukum’.
- He played the role of a doctor in a historical film, which was made by Kamal Hassan and in 1999, he also portrayed as Son-in-Law in movie Padayapp, which is one of the Rajinikanth’s hits.