Akash Puri Jagannadh belongs to a Telugu Velana family. Since he was a child, he developed a keen interest in movies. He always had a deep desire of performing on the screen. His dream got fulfilled when he performed as a child artist in his debut Telugu movie “Chirutha”. This movie was directed by his father. In this movie, he had a very crucial role to play; he was to act as a small child who sees the murder of his father.
Akash has been seen in various young roles in movies such as “Dhoni” and “Ek Niranjan”. The talented actor was even seen as a child performer in the renowned International feature film, “The Lotus Pond”.
Right from his school days, he was determined to do really well in his studies as well. At this point of time he is focused to pass out with flying colours in his approaching high secondary examinations. He plans to opt for acting as a career.
Here are seven lesser known facts about Akash Puri:
- In 2014, Akash had to deal with a knee surgery because of the growth of an extra bone. He had to rest for 8 weeks after this surgery before resuming normal course of life again.
- The movie “Andhra Pori” in which he acted was inspired from “Time Pass”, which is a hit Marathi film.
- Not only did he took up workshop sessions in order to get trained for “Andhra Pori” but also actively involve himself in an expedition trek while he was shooting for the super hit movie “The Lotus Pond”.
- Akash has used his savings for taking responsibility of sponsoring the education of less fortunate children.
- He has many friends who are acting in some or the other short documentaries.
- His mother Lavanya, on his recent birthday, gifted him with a cute ‘Siberian Husky’ puppy.
- He is quite active over social media platforms like Facebook and is often seen promoting various posts as well as short videos.