Born on 29 August 1959 in Chennai, Nagarjuna is the son of veteran actor Nageswara Rao Akkineni. He made his entry into Tollywood as a child actor in movie, ‘Sudigundalu’, which was a Telugu film. His father played lead role in the same movie. Then he made a storming entry in 1986, with his debut Telugu film ‘Vikram’. This movie was a remake of renowned Bollywood flick ‘Hero’.
Some of the blockbusters given by the megastar are Yuvakudu, Santosham, Annamayya, Sri Ramadasu, Rajanna, Ninne Pelladatha, Prema Katha, Geetanjali, Siva, Azad, and Mass. Famous television soap opera- Yuva has been produced by Nagarjuna. He also hosted the Telugu version of KBC, called ’Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu’. Here you will come across some of the lesser known facts about the super actor.
- He is a very qualified person. He has done his Bachelors of Engineering from The Little Flower Junior College and his masters in Automobile Engineering from Eastern Michigan University.
- The actor, who is famous for his romantic acting had also acted in devotional movies such as Shiridi Sai Baba, Annamaya and Ramadasu.
- He got married with Lakshmi Daggubati in 1984 and the couple separated in 1990 by a legal divorce. Then he got married again to an actress Amala. He has two sons, one from his first wife and the other from Amala. Both his sons are doing very well in the film industry.
- In 2015, he acted with Amitabh Bachchan, while shooting a commercial for Kalyan Jewelers.
- He and his wife Amala serve as co-founders of an NGO (The Blue Cross of Hyderabad) that focuses on preserving animal rights and on the welfare of animals.
- He has performed in about 90 movies till date.
- He made an entry in Bollywood in 1990 with his super hit Debut movie ‘Shiva’ which was a remake of his own Tollywood Flick ‘Siva’.