Harish Kumar was born on 1 August 1975, in Hyderabad. He married a Punjabi girl in 1995. He started his career in the film industry as a child actor. He was a multilingual male child actor, who showed his face in Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil and Malayalam, during that period. He played a very noted role in most of his films. As a child actor, he appeared in the film industry for numerous films namely, kondaveeti Simhan (1981), Trisulam (1982), Naa Desam (1982), Donga (1985) etc. In Hindi too, he was not any least. He acted in the hit movies in 1990s such as, Tirangaa (1992), Prem Qaidi (1991), The Gentleman (1994), Coolie No.1 (1995), Hero No.1 (1997), Chaar din Ki Chandni (2012) etc.
Some of his other films are Hendathi Helidare Kelabeku (1993) and Laali (1997) in Kannada, and Nee Sirithal Deepavali Gnana Paravai in Tamil. Daisy (1988), Aayiram Chirakulla Moham (1993) are his movies in Malayalam. In Telugu, Daddy Daddy (1999), Bangaru Kutumbam (1994), Rowdy Inspector (1992) etc are his movies in the hit list. On the whole, Harish was accepted by the audience in all sense.
He was actively present in the film field from 1979-1983. Then, he took a long break for 8 years and re-entered in the film industry. He was awarded by the state government, for Best Child Actor, for the film ‘Andhra Kesari’ in 1983.
Here are some lesser known facts about the much loved star:
- Harish played a lead role at a very young age of 15.
- It was in the Malayalam film, “Daisy”, he played a lead role along with Kamal Hassan, and directed by Pratap.K.Pothan.
- In 1990s, he was blissed with hits after hits.
- In 1991, the Hindi film Prem Qaidi made a pair of Harish and Karishma Kapoor, which was her debut film.
- He has also proved his excellence as a producer, by producing the film Kaash… Hamara Dil Pagal Na Hota in 2003.
- He received the award from the Chief Minister Late N.T Rama Rao.
- He was also honoured with special jury award for the Best actor in 1996, for his accepted role in the film “Oho Naa Pellanta”, which was produced by by D.Ramanaidu, and was directed by Jandhyala.