Harshavardhan Rane was born on 16th December 1983, in Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh and was raised at Gwalior. He completed his graduation from the Barry John Acting Studio. He has actively participated in many theatrical ventures, which included the Indian adaptation of Tennesse Williams, A street car Named Desire etc.
He made his first debut in the Telugu film industry. His debut film was Thakita Thakita in 2010. The film was a hit at the box office and harsh could make a space in the hearts of the audience. Later on, he played the lead role in Avunu (2012), Naa Ishtam (2012), Anamika (2014), geethanjali ( 2014 ) , Maay (2014) etc. His extremely handsome and extraordinary look was a plus – point of Harsh. Later, he made his debut in Bollywood was “Sanam Teri Kasam” in 2016, which was directed by Eros International. He was paired with Pakistani Actress Mawra Hocane in this film.
He made his second appearance in Bollywood, through the film Satra Ko Shaadi Hain, which is being produced by another young actor cum producer John Abraham. The film is scheduled to be released in 2016. Previously, in 2013, Harsh was supposed to make his Bollywood debut in Goliyon ki Raasleela Ramleela, but he quit the project, as it required an eleven month contract. It is known that Harshvardhan Rane follows the Cavemans diet. He almost lost 20 kilos, which helped him to frame his charcter in Sanam Teri Kasam.
Here are some lesser known facts about Harshavardhan Rane:
- Although, Harsh has made his debut in Bollywood, he says that he won’t discriminate and differentiate between the two industries.
- After completing his Bollywood project, he has said that he will come back into Telugu film industry.
- In a media interview, he praised the Telugu audience for their support towards him.
- He is at present in an affair with Jwala Gutta, who is a badminton player.
- Before he started his acting career, he worked as a freelancer for a film enterprise.
- He has also done a commercial advertisement for Chennai Super Kings and 7Up.
- He became a helping hand for an orphan girl, by taking a shirt off initiative.