The Telugu Megastar is bench-marked as one of the most admired actors in Tollywood. The superstar will soon be turning 61 in a few days but the age is simply a number for this amazing personality. He entered the film industry in 1978 and soon became popular because of his outstanding break dance skills. He has even been honoured with Padma Bhushan and many more awards and accolades.
In 1998, he founded a charitable trust, thus helping countless people. He even owns several eye banks and blood banks as well. There are many more facts about Chiranjeevi that are quite well known to the public. But there are some facts that people do not know about. And here we have come up with some lesser known facts about the superstar.
- He was the first Indian actor to start his own website.
- His real name is Konidela Sivasankara Vara Prasad. But as his mother was a devotee of ‘Lord Hanumaan’, she named him ‘Chiranjeevi’, which refer to the God being immortal.
- He was the one who introduced break dance in Tollywood.
- No other actor has such a huge list of films that hold 100 days record.
- Amitabh Bachchan honored him by calling him the ‘King of Indian Cinema’.
- His favourite actress is Mahanati Savitri and his favourite actor is Sean Connery.
- He won highest number of awards for ‘Best Actor’ in Southern Filmfare Awards.
- He was the first actor who received an invitation to attend Oscar Awards in 1987.
- Kodama Simhan, which features Chiranjeevi, was the first South Indian movie to be dubbed in English, under the title, “Hunters of the Indian Treasure”.
- His movie Gharana Mogudu, was Tollywood’s first movie that bagged more than Rs 10 crore.