Amitabh Bachchan is a name that does not require any foreword. This ‘Young Angry man’ from Indian Cinema is one of the most successful actors and till today is relishing enormous popularity. The number of awards and accolades won by the actor is huge. The man possesses multiple talents. Most facts about this great personality are quite known to public.
People know that he sings very well, they know that he has produced films and has hosted TV shows but there is lot more that people do not know about their much loved superstar. So, here we bring some of the lesser known facts about Amitabh Bachchan that remained unshared during all these years.
- Amitabh Bachchan’s parents initially named him as ‘Inquilaab’, which was inspired by the slogan used prominently during the Indian Freedom struggle. Even the surname that he carries today is in fact the pen name that his father, Harivansh Rai Bachchan used as a poet. Real surname of Big B is Srivastava.
- He is the one who played more double roles in his movie than any other actor in the industry. He even played a triple role in his movie ‘Mahaan’.
- He was the first Asian actor who was honoured by placing his wax model at London’s famous Madame Tussaud’s.
- Amitabh Bachchan can write perfectly with both his hands.
- The superstar had to bear with a series of 12 back to back flop movies before relishing the fame of his first super hit movie Zanjeer and then there was no looking back.
- Vijay has been his favourite screen name and Big B used it in 20 movies. Another screen name that he popularly used was Amit.
- Today he is a billionaire, but the superstar’s first salary was just Rs 300.
- He loves to collect pens and watches. He is also a car lover and his collection of eleven cars includes three Mercedes, two BMWs and one Lexus as well.
- As far as career is concerned, he was keen on doing engineering as well as joining Indian Air force.
- Amitabh Bachchan who is renowned for his husky, deep baritone was rejected by All India Radio.