Shah Rukh Khan is popularly known as the “Baadshah of Bollywood”. He is multitalented and has made appearance in more than 80 movies of Bollywood. Also known as “King Khan”, the superstar has bagged numerous accolades and 14 Filmfare Awards. Shah Rukh Khan is the proud co-owner of ‘Kolkata Knight Riders’, which is an Indian Premier League cricket team. He also enjoys the position of co-chairman at ‘Red Chilies Entertainment’, which is a renowned motion picture production company.
The superstar is well known because of the series of super hits movies given by him. Some of his blockbusters include Darr, Baazigar, Dil To Pagal Hai, Chak De! India, Devdas, My Name is Khan, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Don 2, Chenani Express and so on. The launch of his latest flick ‘Raees’, has been scheduled on Eid 2016. You might have read a lot about SRK acting career, his life, his achievements and his Biography, but here we present some lesser known facts about SRK.
- The name, by which King Khan is known worldwide, isn’t his real name. His grandmother (Mother’s mother) named him as Abdul Rehman, but his father did not approve of the same and changed it to “Shah Rukh Khan”, which apparently means ‘The King’.
- He is quite superstitious in nature and all his cars bear ‘555’ number as he feels that it is lucky for him. The same superstitious nature can be seen in his career as well. He acted in nine films where he used the name ‘Rahul’ and all of them have been blockbusters.
- He has a special love for dogs. The name of this favorite dog is Chewbacca and the other four are Juicy, Kai, Hulk and Dash.
- His movie ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’, which was released in 1995 was the greatest blockbuster worldwide. It was categorized as the ‘Longest Running Film in Bollywood’ and managed to bag 1.2 billion dollars by running successfully in theaters worldwide.
- He has been the holder of ‘Best Actor Award’ 29 times. He has been nominated 226 times for several Bollywood Awards and has managed to win 207 of them.
- Surprisingly he wanted to be a part of the defense forces and dreamt of serving his country as an army officer. But as he was the only son of his parents, his mother did not approve of his dreams. He was more than happy to play the role of ‘Fauji’ when he entered the entertainment industry.
- In real life, Shah Rukh Khan has a phobia of horse. But he never let this fear interfere in his reel life and he can be seen riding a horse in many of his movies.
- He is a fitness freak and says a strict NO to the food prepared with butter. He has an amazing stamina and can run up to 15 kms without taking any break.
- The only reason behind buying ‘Mannat’- his splendid bungalow situated at Juhu is that it offered a secluded prayer room. The superstar is very fond of this bungalow and says even if he has to sell everything one day, he will never ever put Mannat on sale.
- The superstar loves to sleep in properly ironed Pyjamas as according to him, “one never knows who one may meet in dreams”.