Known for his boyish charm, the superstar rocks the world of Bollywood. His journey started in 1984, with his debut movie, ‘Holi’ and since then there has been no stopping. He is extremely choosy in his selection of movies and has given some of the most enthralling hits to the cinema industry. The actor boasts of a huge fan following not only in India but all over the world.
Today he is associated with some of the biggest brands and is well recognized for his dedication toward the role he plays. A lot is known about the actor but still there are a few facts about Aamir Khan that still remain unrevealed. So here is the compilation of such lesser known facts about Aamir Khan.
- Considered to be a trend-setter, he had guts to perform the much talked about stunt in movie Ghulam, where he can be seen running towards the train. He jumped off the track and missing the train by just 1.3 seconds. Now that was close! Anyways he won ‘Best Scene Award’ for the same in 44th Filmfare Awards.
- He is the one who started the trend of doing one movie at a time. Even after serving 27 years in Bollywood, he has around 40+ releases till date, which is quite a small number when compared with actors like Shah Rukh and Salman, who can boast of 80+ releases.
- In his entire career, Aamir Khan appeared in only one music video in 2003, which featured the song, “Jab Bhi Choom Leta Hoon” sung by Roopkumar Rathod.
- In movie ‘Dil Chahta Hai’, Aamir was offered the role of ‘Sid’ but he was more interested in Aakash’s character and the film made a history.
- Even in movie’ 3 Idiots’, Raju Hirani wanted to sign Aamir for the role of ‘Raju’, which was played by Shraman Joshi but Aamir was excited by the character of
- Aamir was offered to play the lead role in superhit movie ‘Saajan’. Sanjay Dutt was signed after Aamir’s refusal.
- Aamir and SRK shared the screen only in one movie (Pehla Nasha directed by Ashutosh Gowariker) and that too in one scene, where they exhibit cameo-friendly appearance.
- Ghajni was the first movie that managed to bag 100 crores and hence it was Aamir Khan to start the trend of ‘100 Crore Club’.
- He was the very first Bollywood actor to initiate his own blog.
- He is a superb chess and tennis player in his real life.